Due to continued fast growth in our bulk trading activities, we have an opening for a full time Dry Bulk Operator within our London office.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Negotiate short sea spot charters and book slots with vessels for dry freight (around 2500 to 6000 tonnes) as well as track opportunities for spot vessels.
- Manage internal and external communication between relevant departments; ship owners, port authorities, inspection bodies, traders etc.
Monitor shipping operations, including vessel position, port status, berth projections and cargo operations.
- Manage warehouse inventories both domestically and overseas, communicating schedules internally and externally.
- Book and manage UK domestic bulk logistics, liaising with customers & warehouses.
- Post fixture cost calculations, reporting and communication with back office / finance.
- Reports into the Trading & Operations Director.
The ideal candidate would have a min. 2+ years’ experience in the dry bulks business, having dealt with shippers, ports, logistics and warehousing. One must have a desire to grow within the business, possess outstanding organisational skills and have a strong understanding of import / export documentation. Fluency in a second language an advantage. (preferably Russian).
The successful candidate can expect personal development opportunities, international exposure, as well as working within a fast paced and dynamic environment. There will also be opportunity to benefit from the Company’s bonus scheme.
CV’s & covering email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org